- General and specific relaxation of muscles, providing immediate relief.
- Fibrous adhesions (knots!) can be broken down.
- Dispersal of toxin from tense knotted muscles.
- Relief from chronic neck and shoulder stiffness.
- Relaxation of the whole person.
- Increase oxygen uptake in tissues (good for all organs including skin).
- Improved circulation of blood in previously congested muscles, providing extra oxygen for the brain.
- Stimulation and improvement of the circulation of the lymphatic system.
- Relief from stiffness in the neck and shoulder area.
- Promotion of hair growth.
- Helps to clear sinuses and airways - there have been reports of persistent snorers experiencing up to three nights of trouble free sleep after a massage!
- Help in the relief of eyestrain and tension headaches.
- Excellent for disturbed sleep and insomnia.
- Helps with mental tiredness and edginess.
- Improves concentration.
- Relief from mental and emotional stress.
Following your treatment you should drink plenty of water or herbal tea, avoid caffeine and alcohol and take care to relax!
It is important to be aware that there can be some reactions to the treatment in the 24 hour period following which are perfectly normal and can include:
Worsening of symptoms and ailments - in order to heal the body must rebalance so you may feel worse before you feel better!
Cleansing reactions - typically these include speeding up of the excretory functions such as going to the loo more often, spots or rashes, cold-like symptoms and sweating.
Aching and Soreness - again due to the release of toxins, this is the body's way of allowing healing to occur.
Emotional state - you may feel tearful and a bit low as cleansing of the mind and emotions occurs.